20.10.14

Avery Dress (pattern by ModKid)

I do sew things for my other children but by far the most for Carolin at this stage in life.  Firstly, she likes what I make her.  And secondly she is tall and slim so RTW doesn't always work for her.


I intended to sew along with the lovely ladies at Modkid a few weeks ago but as is usual when I make plans they didn't work out.  We happened to move my sewing room that very same week so I only got around to cutting it out.


I made a size 7 but lengthened everything to a size 9.  And it fits her perfectly!  I couldn't be happier with it.


 Bias binding around the collar.  It was supposed to be piping but for various reasons that didn't work.  This was my third try and I am happy (enough) with it.  I believe the buttons are from the Ribbon Retreat.  They were in our swag bags at last years quilting retreat.


I am happy with the pattern and how it looks (and twirls) on Carolin.  It comes with sleeve options so good for all seasons.  I bought it from Modkid on Etsy.


Fabric is a Cotton/Linen blend.  Nice and heavy for winter.  The bodice is lined so she'll keep nice and warm.


We tested it out at church and on the playground and we give it two thumbs up.  This drop waist style looks great on Carolin and I can see my self making more.


4 comments:

  1. Looks like a comfy dress. I love the blue binding on the collar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderfully Fall folksy outfit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect for fall! The dress is beautiful and fits her so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is amazing and the stripey tights could not be sweeter!

    ReplyDelete