21.5.14

Blogger's Quilt Festival Applique Quilt

Time for the Spring Blogger's Quilt Festival. Welcome to anyone coming over from there!  For our followers, you probably just saw this quilt when I posted it a few weeks ago but I really wanted to share it for the festival too.

AmysCreativeSide.com
Baby Girl Spring Applique Quilt
finished size: 36" x 48"
This was my ever custom quilt and a little nerve wracking as I had never done this much applique before. The lady who ordered it sent me a link to this miniature quilt and I used the flower templates from there only enlarged about 200%.
It is all machine appliqued using a blanket stitch.
Quilted on my Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.0 doing a small loopy doodle.  Absolutely love the texture it gives!

The back is a Riley Blake flannel and it's bound with a stripe that's hand stitched on the back.
It was hard to part with this quilt once it was done but it was well received and I got to make a quilt that I otherwise probably never would have.

I know how I'll be spending my coffee time in the next couple of weeks!  How about you?

9 comments:

  1. It is lovely. The quilting added nice texture. I need to check out what was added as I enjoy all those quilts shared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very pretty quilt...I love the backing too !

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to look at this quilt! Beautifully! Original! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I would be terrified of that much appliqué but you did it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the design a lot - it is well balanced. Lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This reminds me so much of a pillow my grandmother had when I was a child. She had embroidered it herself... And I loved the flowers. This is like a modern version of it. It's beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely beautiful! I voted for this little gem at the festival.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's just gorgeous, it's so well made! I love the design too, great quilt!

    ReplyDelete