23.5.14

Amy Butler Sweet Harmony Bag

I had really wanted to make this bag before going to BC last month.  I had to give up because there was no way I could get it done in the little amount of time I gave myself.  But I finished it shortly after we got back and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.
The grass is finally mostly green and the daffodils are blooming!
I wanted something I could use for church and everyday use so I used a grey home dec fabric for the outside.  It has a bit of a shimmer to it in real life.  The one thing I think I may still try to do is add a zipper.  I used only one snap instead of the two the pattern called for but I don't like how it sits and the risk of losing everything out of my purse is quite high :-p
I think if I sew a zipper to two strips of the grey, folding all raw edges to the inside, I should be able to sew it right on the topstitching line.  We'll see if it works and if I even go back to fix it!
Yep - still some brown in places...
I added a zipper pocket to the inside.  Every purse should have one of those!

4 comments: