14.1.14

Solids

I didn't buy too much fabric in the past year, just tried to use what I had.  That worked fairly well but I used most of the solids I had on hand. 


Yesterday the UPS truck arrived with my box from Connecting Threads.  Exciting times I tell you!  17 - one yard cuts of various solids and two large spools of thread.  I don't have a specific project in mind for any of it, but it is sure nice to have a stash of solids on hand.


The solids from Connecting Threads are decent.  They aren't quite as silky as Kona Solids but they work well for a sewist on a budget, don't bleed when you wash them and they do offer a variety of colours.  I'd love to have the whole range of colour!

Have you worked with the solids from Connecting Threads?  What did you think?

PS Melissa has become my photographer.  She did pretty well for inside photos at night didn't she?

6 comments:

  1. I've just ordered some. Looking forward to mail time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other thing I find with Connecting Threads solids are they are not as bright as Kona or some other (Art Gallery, Michael Miller...). They are definitely good for the budget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours! Thanks for the review - I've never tried them before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice!! And Melissa did great, indoor photos are so hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them! My order from CT came today too - I bought some stripes and polka dots that were on sale - $2.96 a yd! And a couple yards of charcoal for my new quilt. :) Quite pleased with it at first glance! Wish I'd ordered some more solids after seeing your post though!

    ReplyDelete