one of the girls dresses a drop waist dress and when my first attempt didn't work out so well I had to try something else. Alisa, hearing the despair in my voice of time running out, mentioned she really liked the Oliver & S Family Reunion Dress. Best impulse buy ever!
Here's my version!
- I used the size 7 shirt length but took the curve out of the hemline so I could add the gathered skirt to it
- I pleated the pin tucks all the way down the length of the bodice
- Straightened the side seams
- Invisible zip and hook and eye instead of button placket
- Fabrics are all from my local Fabricland
I love how it turned out! Of the three dresses this is my favorite and fits her best!
Love this next picture. I look at it and can hear the giggles :)
The pictures were taken at the botanical gardens in the town where we live. Developed and maintained by volunteers it's a beautiful place to stroll through!