13.12.12

A Nursery Tour

I'll start off by saying that I am a very, very slow decorator.  I had all these ideas before Sebastian was born of how I'd like his room as this was the first time we actually had a specific baby room.  I did finish his quilt and valance and lamp shades but it was finally a couple of weeks ago when I got the last couple things hung!

I love the completed room and thought it would be fun to share it with you (now that he's 14 months old!).
We painted it tealy blue this past summer - these first two pictures are pretty true for colour.
The other side of the room
Quilt made by me and crocheted blanket from a friend - love how it matches so well!
These were inspired from a blog somewhere but I can't seem to remember now where it was.  They are dollar store canvases painted orange and then I made stencils out of contact paper.  Love them!
Behind his crib...a cross stitch made by my sil, hooks for the diaper bag (made before our 4th was born) and a train table from a neighbour.
close up of the valance

Changing station with mat I made using leftovers from his quilt.  I added wire baskets on the end this time and it works perfect for all the little stuff.  On the little shelf is a picture from when he was born and a cute card made by my sisters boyfriend.
Lamp shades.  I made these when I was over due and needed a little project to keep me going.  I covered the existing shades with white fabric that I had fused animals and designs from the quilt fabric.  I just used spray glue to hold them on the shade and added some bias binding as trim.
 

I used four different animals :)
A look into the crib.  I also made a couple matching sheets.  Even the little lion he got as a gift matches!
 Picture overload but I hope you enjoyed that!




5 comments:

  1. totally enjoyed it! What a sweet room. Those orange prints really turned out fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it. thanks for all the pictures! - and really.. 14 months isn't bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a sweet little nursery

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the canvases, Suzanne. They turned out really good!

    ReplyDelete