10.10.12

KCWC: Nightgown for Carolin

When I saw this fabric at Hamels a couple of months ago, I just had to get some.  I'm not usually drawn to character prints, but this one was calling my name (and it was in the sale section.)  I read these books all the time as a kid.  And Carolin reads our Bernstein Bear books all the time too.


I was going to make a regular pair of pyjamas but she requested a night gown (a long one) so that's what I did.  I used a McCalls pattern but I changed it quite a bit so I could get it cut out of the 1.25 metres I had bought.  It's not quite as flowy (is that a word? it looks funny.)


She is thrilled with it and wants it to be regular clothes so she can wear it in the day time. :-)


This particular illustration speaks to me.  It could totally be my Zachary and Carolin!


And here's my Bernstein Bears today.  So exciting!

3 comments:

  1. I'm the same way about most character prints but who can resist the Berenstein Bears?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She loves it! Look at that smile:)
    Your comment about the Z&C illustration made me crack up. But, then again, you are a funny one:D


    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so cute. And your comment about your brother/sister picture is funny!

    ReplyDelete