26.7.12

Quilt Shops in Astoria, OR


I stopped by three quilt shops while in Oregon last week and I thought I'd do a little blog post about them.  I'll cover the two in Astoria today and tomorrow I'll cover the shop in Cannon Beach.  Saving the best for last.


First shop I visited was disappointing.  It was messy and unorganized with hardly any selection.  It was also a yarn store.  I have nothing against yarn stores, in fact I've seen some pretty good ones.  This store didn't have a good mix though.  And I think that a knitter would feel the same way.


The second store we visited (my daughters and I) was called Homespun Quilts.  The address is 108 10th Street.  It was a much nicer store.  They didn't have a huge selection of fabrics in my style, but the store was merchandised beautifully, organized and just plain nice to be in.  It had a higher ceiling in the back of the store with some skylights.  The effect was a nice airy, roomy feeling.


A few antiques to hold thing always looks really good.


I found some Richard Scary fabric in this section.  I've been eyeing it for a long time and finally bought a piece.  Richard Scary is one of my favourite kids authors.


Love this washing machine filled with scraps.  Not that I need any help in that way!

So, if you are in Astoria, OR and would like to visit a quilt shop I'd suggest Home Spun Quilts at 108 10th Street!

2 comments:

  1. I was in the same quilt shop as you! Only a few weeks earlier. Looks like you guys had a great trip. We seen all the same things as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee Whiz... We go to Seaside / Astoria / Cannon Beach a few times a year. I had no idea there were quilt shops in Astoria! LOL Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete