23.7.12

A Swimsuit!

I've wanted to try making a swimming suit for a couple of years now and got the courage to finally do it!  
I bought a Jalie pattern (3023) and I tried to read as many tips as possible online.   Renae from Creative Chicks has an abundance of information that was very helpful!  Thanks Renae!!  The fabric is from my local Fabricland.
The brown polka dot fabric isn't very good quality and looks faded already.  Also, the top of the front sags a little.  Partly the fabric choice but I've noticed other people having the same issue with this pattern.  Maybe I could make that part of the band a touch narrower, or maybe put some elastic in - just enough to hold it flat, not gather.

That said I'm very happy with it!  And glad I've finally gotten over my fear of trying :)

9 comments:

  1. I like the fabric you chose ;) http://fabuloushomesewn.blogspot.ca/2012/03/getting-ready-for-summer.html
    After a couple of washes, my daughter's is a little saggy in the front too...it might just be the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great... I wonder if that piece should be a little shorter for the smaller sizes, maybe take a little out of the top of it for the next one. If this one sags too much, you could probably add some elastic to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See! Sewing swimsuits is not as scary at it seems! The swimsuit looks great.:) I really like the floral print you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. REALLY cute style & great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, it's Renae who is the swimsuit whiz, but thanks for linking back to us!? Super cute suit! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! I am very impressed. Great choice in fabric as well, it's a very pretty swimsuit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm impressed! I don't think I'd dare tackle that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great!! A little clear stretch tape (Lastin) would be great for that sag, I bet.

    ReplyDelete