Anneke's dress is done! I was hoping to have this finished a few weeks ago but I got stuck at one point so it got put aside and then I went out of town last weekend so this week I was determined to finish it. She was very happy to wear it to church today!
The pattern is an old Simplicity one. I made a size 10 but lengthened it about 4". We also added a bit of crocheted lace at the empire waist to hide the seam allowances and add a bit more "prettiness".
I didn't have the complete instructions for the dress and because the fabric was quite thin I lined it. This is where I ran stuck. I put the invisible zipper in and it went so smoothly! But then I realized that I couldn't attach the lining and flip it the right way any more. So after staring at it for a while and asking the help of a friend I ended up taking the shoulder seams apart and hand-stitching them once I had the neck and arm holes put together with the lining. Hard to explain but I'm glad I didn't have to take the whole zipper out!
My three girls. Sophie's skirt I made 3 years ago or so for Tessa and Tessa's dress was made 4 years ago for Anneke! Love seeing them come out of the storage bins again :)
"Ahhh...there's all kinds of bees up there!"
Anneke celebrated her 9th birthday this week! She requested a soccer ball cake - it worked out okay and she like it :) Two more birthday's over the next week...should be fun!