6.1.12

Sewing Room Happenings

After a major sewing slump in November and December I am now happy to be in my sewing room puttering away on all sorts of fun things!  It certainly helps that I've been staying home quite a bit. 

I've wanted to make a 'plus quilt' for the longest time.  I've had several in my Flickr favourites for a few years and now one on my Pinterest board too.  This one is baby size and I will show the whole thing when I am finished.

I borrowed my friend's Go Baby Cutter to cut out these tumbler shapes.  This one is also baby sized and I LOVE it!  All from my scrap bin.  I'll show you this one when it's finished too. :-)  (PS - Rebecca is having a great giveaway - click here to see it!)

A cover for my dad's new ipad.  I have such a hard time giving or making things for my dad.  When he got an ipad recently I instantly knew I could make something for him.  And he likes it!  And uses it!  Yeah!  I actually forgot to take a photo of it before I gave it to him so Gord took a photo of it when he stopped by there.

A quick little pouch to go with a birthday present.

Love using my zippers!

So that's how it's going in the sewing room.  I hope to get back in there today to start quilting my baby quilts.  Fun, fun!

4 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see the whole baby quilts!! It looks like you've been having fun in your sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowser you are a sewing machine :) love the quilts! I need to make A cover for my iPad too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo I'm looking forward to seeing those quilts! You're luck to have a friend with a Go Baby Cutter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is quite a lot going on in your sewing room...i love the tumblers and plus quilt. they look fun

    ReplyDelete