17.1.12

Plus Quilt

I've always wanted to make a plus quilt. I've had one in my Flickr favourites for years and I finally made one. It was such a fun quilt to put together, though trickier than it appears.


You know you are a blogger when you go outside in the frigid cold to take photos of a quilt.  We haven't had this much snow in quite a few years and today we are sitting at -9 Celsius.  Nothing like Suzanne's -29 or anything, but still kind of cold to be out taking photos with no gloves on.


I put some of my favourite prints in this quilt and I really love it!  Not sure what I am going to do with it though as my brother and his wife just had a baby girl last week.  I'll show you what I made for her after they receive it.


I backed it with this sweet green gingham that I found at Quilt Essentials in Abbotsford.  If you are ever in that area, you need to visit them.  It is a gorgeous shop in down-town Abbotsford, BC.  I went over Christmas with my sister and it was a very pleasant time indeed!

6 comments:

  1. nice quilt and love the white background, it was sweater weather here today :-) how big is each square on the quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love plus quilts and this one is fabulous! Such a great mix of prints for a little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Alisa! I love the fabrics too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling quilt! Love the fabrics you've used. I've had a plus quilt on my to-do list for awhile now too. What was the difficult part? Matching all those seams?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great, and I love the fabrics you pulled for it!

    ReplyDelete