27.1.12

Dutch Boterkoek

Did you know that Suzanne and I have Dutch ancestry?  In fact Suzanne's husband is a Dutch guy.  He can even speak the language (Suzanne and I can't.)  Even though we don't speak it, we like to eat it.  Dutch baking that is.  Yum!



Dutch Boterkoek

2/3 cup soft butter
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder

Mix the butter, sugar, almond extract and egg well.  Add the flour and baking powder.  Spread into a greased 9 inch round baking pan (can be a pie plate if that's what you have.)  Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.  Cool, then cut into 12 wedges.  Enjoy!


Yes, they are totally posing for me.  And loving it!

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to ask my husband if he's ever had Boterkoek. His family is predominantly dutch...in fact, the town in WI that he's from is mostly dutch. I've been exposed to some interesting food when we visit but there's only one that I've made at home, worstenbroodje. Maybe I should fix that for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this is great! My husband is dutch as well, his mom and dad moved to Canada just after they got married in the late 60's, and boterkoek is so yummy and one of his faves. His mom makes it every Christmas but she always tries to make it "healthy" so it's not always great, but his sister makes some that is to die for. Mmmmm. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Good to see you love Dutch baking!
    I'm a Dutch girl, and I love Canadian baking!
    (Hmm I have to say: I don't like boterkoek that much.)
    When I bake, I only use hersey recipes, cause thats better then our recepes...fun to see how that works.

    Cindy, do you make worstenbroodjes for dinner? We have that for lunch :-)

    Well..I somehow found your blog, I'll stop by another time.

    Bye!
    Daniëlle
    (sorry for my English I'm Dutch...so I better write in Dutch.)

    ReplyDelete