16.6.11

Teacher Gifts

Every year I have intentions of making little gifts for my kids' teachers and that usually doesn't happen. Why I did this year I have no idea as I have never been busier at this time of year. Possibly because they are small projects and I need a little bit of sewing to keep me from being too frazzled. And, I haven't been getting out much.Melissa's teacher is getting married this summer so we thought some potholders would be a good gift for her. Now that I've made a few, these are super easy and fast to make.
For Ben's teacher I made a fabric box. We'll put a card and some chocolates in there. This is the first year we've had a male teacher. What do you think? Would you give this to a guy?
A free tutorial/pattern is available for this pattern. It is very well written and easy to follow. Highly recommended. These 'boxes' come in many sizes so you can make what works for you.
It sure is fun playing around with fabric scraps.
For Deanna's teacher we are giving her one of the pouches I showed you on my last post. We'll fill it with candy or chocolates and call it done.

1 comment:

  1. I think if you fill anything with chocolate, a guy will like it :)

    ReplyDelete