12.3.11

What's all that mess in my sewing room?



Working on my Freebird quilt. I started it at the quilt retreat last Saturday and I've been working on it a bit every day. See all those circles? All appliqued by hand. They were fun!



Another stack of blocks. I need to make 14 more log cabin blocks and I'll have the blocks finished. I am really enjoying the process of making this quilt.



My little zig zag quilt. It's basted and waiting to be quilted.



A pile of strips. Benjamin and I have been cutting these up for a little Spring Break project with my oldest three. I got the idea from my sister-in-law who made a string quilt with her friend and all of their children this past summer. She's planning to make another one in Spring Break too.

The forecast for the coming week is rain every day so I've been thinking of ways to keep my kids happy and having a good time. I might be posting about Spring Break activities for the next two weeks. :-)

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! You have spring break next week? Wow, ours isn't until April 4-8th which does NOT tie in with any of the colleges....(not a problem this year but soon to be one!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a lot of great projects in the works. i love the applique circles you have been working on

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good Alisa! You've sure been busy busy on that Freebird quilt! Still really love your zigzag one too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have break next week too, but we have snow. :P Love the circles and the zig zags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The zigzag quilt is going to be awesome. You have sure been busy. I love all your quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It doesn't look like a mess to me - looks like fun! Have a great spring break, I'm curious how the kids string quilt project will turn out:)

    ReplyDelete