15.2.11

Sherbert Pips and More



When I was visiting my sister last month we went to her local quilt shop. It was a bit of a zoo with our 3 children in the squishy shop but still worth it. I happened upon a (very over-priced) charm pack of Sherbert Pips and had to buy it.



The charm pack wasn't quite enough to make a baby-size quilt so I bought a few Japanese prints at Hamels and I was ready to roll.



There is something so relaxing about piecing together such a simple quilt top. The quilting is easy too.



Such a simple quilt called for rounded corners. It softens the look doesn't it?



The binding is a Lecien basic. I was so happy to find it at my local quilt shop. I have some left over for a couple of bibs.



A close-up of the binding and backing. Just look at that green under it, Suzanne! Just showing you that it's not grass, but moss. :-)

This quilt is listed in my etsy shop.

11 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! I love the prints you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rounded corners on it! That's a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swoon for the Pips. And I'm a sucker for curved corners. Nice quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No one should ever take for granted the simple and beautiful look of a patchwork quilt! This one looks fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute Alisa! It looks so soft and the rounded corners probably make it even more so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. simple always looks so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! Sometimes simple makes a good collection really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you blog more about the rounded corners? They look great and I'm wondering how to do it. It's probably one of those "OHHH that's how you did it!" things. Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh i will make rounded corners from now on, they are GREAT looking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. just get a plate and rotor cut around it, it's easy, and the sewing of it has to be breeze too, even for me I like to do the bindings by machine.

    ReplyDelete