5.12.10

Nightgowns for the girls!

It's been a while since I posted anything but I have been sewing a bit - it's just been a bit secretive.  I made all three of our girls nightgowns for Sinterklaas!   

Check out wikipedia if you're curious who Sinterklaas is :)  It's basically the tradition where Santa Claus comes from except that St. Nicholas Day is on Dec. 5th or 6th. 

I bought the fabric for these last year already but didn't get around to making them then.  I used the Miss Madeline pattern for Anneke and Tessa and the Sweet Little Dress pattern for Sophie.  I made them all into long sleeves and lengthed the skirts and left off the waistband for the older two.  If I can scrounge up enough of the left over pieces I'd like to make Sophie some pants to go with hers.


Silly picture but it's the best I could do.  Sophie wanted nothing to do with it but loves to be on the window sill :).

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha that is a funny picture. Love Tessa's... smile? too cute.
    They look super... and cozy too :) Gotta love flannel pjs!
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I might actually have some of that same flannel. I will have to ask Heather, as it would be at her house. You would be very welcome to have it if you need more for Sophie's pants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very cute!

    As an aside - I now know what your van looks like. :-)

    ReplyDelete