29.6.10

Dear Karen:

For your birthday this year I wanted to make you something special.



When I finished the quilt for my brother and his wife, I took it over to your house to show you. You are one of my best cheerleaders when it comes to all things quilty. I didn't count on the fact that it would look so good in your living room. The colours matched perfectly.



So when the line of fabric went on sale a while back I ordered some to make a quilt for your birthday. Not the same pattern mind you, but in the same fabrics. But the fabric took a little long to arrive. And as much as I was determined to get at least the top finished in time for your birthday, I had to take a step back and realize that I am not superwoman. Not at all. (I made a mathematical error, fixed it then went on to sew I don't know how many seams wrong and had to seam rip over and over. Yes, it was time to take step back!)



So Karen, from your non-superwoman s-i-l, Happy Birthday! Your present is some quilt blocks. The finished product will come, hopefully before the cool days of winter so you can snuggle under it on your comfy leather loveseat.

Love you,

Alisa

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What an awesome surprise! I can't wait for it to be done! Thank you Alisa! A little overboard on the exclamations? I think not, you know how much I love your quilts and being the recipient of one feels like such an honor. And by the way, I love being your quilting cheerleader :-) "Go Alisa, Go!"
    KarenK

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be such a lovely quilt. It's nice that Karen can have such a great gift to look forward to! For me... "looking forward" to things is almost as good as the REAL THING!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, in that case.........I think you are the bestest quilter ever!!! And I super love all your quilts! You are an amazing superwomanmomsil. Oh and just in case you forgot, my bday is in February.
    Love your quilting admirer.
    KG

    ReplyDelete