14.4.10

Sophie's dress

I used McCall's 3531 for this one but changed the sleeves to be like the other girls dresses and I added the tie.
I love the length but she needs to learn to walk on her feet (she's been walking on her knees the past 2 or 3 months) because she gets stuck in it as it is now.
Here's a close-up of my attempt at changing the sleeves. I think I did the first one three times and it turned out all right although the gathers on top aren't all that even...
I'm so happy to have these done! I need to make a flower for Tessa's yet and Lukas really wants a tie so I'll see if I have enough fabric for that...

The wedding is next week Friday (yea!!) so I'll post a picture from the day when we get back.

10 comments:

  1. Nice job. I like how they each have the green to tie them together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Nice work Suzanne :) Can't wait to start sewing dresses too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe! The look so good together. Can't wait for the picture of them wearing them side by side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three dresses are adorable and I love the fresh look of the fabrics. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this little dress is so beautiful...what a great set all together. your little one is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all so gorgeous! Enjoy the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, Suzanne!
    There's a girl in the Owen Sound church that you would get along with really well. She goes under Pennywhistle Designs on Facebook. Have a look at her stuff, it's inspiring! You would have lots in common. Her sewing projects sell like hotcakes. Might be a cottage business in it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look how sweet they look together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love these dresses. You ladies are incredible quilters/sewists; I might follow you, if that's ok...:)

    ReplyDelete