12.2.10

Aqua Terra Diamonds

If your initials are T.S. or Y.B. please don't read this post. That is, if you are related to me and have those initials.


Okay, now that we have that out of the way I can go on to Sew and Tell my recent finish.


Remember the little peek?


It's now a complete quilt all ready for my brother and his fiance. They are getting married on April 23, DV.



The fabric is from Connecting Threads and is called Aqua Terra.It measures about 65 x 75 inches.I found the pattern here, but I didn't really follow the directions as it would have wasted alot of fabric.
I had my doubts while making it that it would turn out okay, but now that it is finished I love it! The back is a chocolate brown flannel. It is soft and snuggly, just perfect for keeping them warm on the couch.

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful! It looks snuggly without knowing about the flannel back:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! T & Y better not be followers of your blog.
    Y's Aunt in AB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is stunning....you did such an amazing job. the colors and the pattern looks so great together!! awesome finish

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks GREAT!! A quilt for a wedding gift, IMO, is about the best gift you could ever give! But I am a little biased!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous quilt. The recipients are very lucky!! You've done a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! What a wonderful wedding gift

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wanting a flannel backed quilt myself!! Great Job!
    Blessings,
    KT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! How lucky they are to have you in the family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is really great! What an awesome wedding gift!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am SO completely in love with this quilt!!

    What did you do differently to save on fabric? because this just move up to the top of the list!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful quilt, so big!! Love the binding!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That quilt is beautiful. Love the pattern and the fabrics you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful gift! They will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Alisa, This is a wonderful quilt - what a perfect, lovingly handmade gift for a wedding! Love the color combination and the thought of yummy chocolate brown flannel on the back makes it seem extra cozy!

    Hope you are having a fun valentines day weekend at your house. Thanks for the words of wisdom over at my place. You are so right!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a very pretty quilt - I love the way the colors go together. And, I love nice flannel on the back - it makes it so warm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! this has nothing to do with the quilt - which is beautiful - I just wanted to say hello! I'm a new follower, I just stumbled across your blog and absolutely love it! I also try to be very frugal and you have such great ideas. I'm very inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a beautiful quilt. I love those diamonds. Your fabrics looks so warm and cozy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's gorgeous! You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete