14.1.10

A Quiet Week

Yes, it's been a little quiet around here but it doesn't mean we haven't been busy :)  Just haven't completed anything.  I've been working on a Sunday coat for my oldest using Burda 9596 pattern (Alisa made two of them last year for her daughters so the pattern recommendation made my choise easy!).  And I know Alisa's been busy working on another quilt.

I've also got my head churning as I am going to join Oh Fransson in her Paintbox Quilt-Along.  I plan on making a twin size quilt for my son - I'm excited!

And, just so I don't post without a picture...this is the quilt I made when taking my first quilt class (I had made a baby quilt before).  It was supposed to be a small wall hanging or table runner but I made extra blocks so it could be a kids quilt.  It's machine pieced but hand quilted.  I took the course in the fall of 2006 and finally finished it sometime in 2008.  While I enjoy hand quilting it takes way to long for me!  In the end I don't really like it, I think it would've looked a lot better with sashing but I did learn a lot and you gotta start somewhere, right?

2 comments:

  1. i can't wait to see the sunday coat!!! this is a very sweet little quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job on the quilt- i actually like it w/o the sashing!

    ReplyDelete